The University of Toledo will celebrate its annual homecoming festivities next week, culminating with the football game against Northern Illinois on Saturday, September 30, 2023.
Area 13 will close at 4pm on Friday, September 29. Vehicles not moved out of the parking area will be ticketed starting at 6pm. Vehicles may return to Area 13 after 12pm on Saturday, September 30.
All parties coming to campus for the Annual Edward C. and Helen G. Schmakel Parade are encouraged to park in Areas 1N, 1S, 2, 12 and 25.
Parking Information for Visitors
Please refer to the table below for public parking information for homecoming week events.
|DATE||EVENT (TIMES)||PARKING AREAS|
|9/29-9/30||AREA 13 CLOSED (4pm-12pm)||AREA 13 CLOSED|
|9/29||Homecoming Gala (4pm-11pm)||1N/1S|
|9/30||Homecoming Parade||Permits not enforced|
|9/30||Football vs CMU (all day)||Permits not enforced|
|10/1||Soccer vs Central Michigan (11:30am-4pm)||3/4/5/6|
Exceptions include: reserved, disabled, metered, patient and no overnight parking areas – which are enforced 24/7.
Game Day Info for Permit Holders
Permit holders will be affected by the homecoming football game on Saturday, September 30. Please refer to the information below and be sure to move all vehicles from the listed parking areas by the designated times.
Saturday, 9/30 – vs. Northern Illinois (Homecoming), 3:30pm
- Areas 3, 4 & 5
- Vehicles must be moved by 6am.
- Areas 6,10
- Vehicles must be moved by 6am. Sections of Area 6 will be blocked off at 6pm on Fri. 9/29.
- Area 8
- Vehicles must be moved out of Area 8 by 3am.
- Area 9
- Vehicles must be moved out of Area 9 by 3am. Vehicles not moved out of Area 9 by 3am will be towed.
- Area 13
- Vehicles must be moved out of Area 13 by 6pm on Friday, September 29. Vehicles not moved by 6pm will be ticketed.
- Area 18
- Vehicles must be moved out of Area 18 by 8:30am as Area 18 shifts to disabled parking.
- Area 28 (four hours prior to kick-off)
- Vehicles must be moved out of Area 28 by 11:30am as Area 28 shifts to pass only parking.
ParkUToledo is not part of the towing process. For football game day parking questions/concerns, please contact The University of Toledo Athletics Department at 419-530-GOLD (4653) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
— — —
If you are a UToledo student or employee with a permit who plans to park in a patient only area, please submit a Parking in Reserved Patient Area Form.
Unless explicitly stated in the article above, please remember all vehicles on campus must be registered with a permit purchased online in advance or by utilizing the ParkMobile App or a parking meter when visiting campus.
Updated parking policies and procedures do have parking permits enforced between semesters, during academic breaks and on weekends.
Permit Enforcement Hours:
- Monday through Friday 7AM-10PM
- Saturday & Sunday 9AM-5PM
On weekdays from 5PM-7AM and on Saturdays & Sundays, active permits may park in areas designated for other permits. Exceptions include: reserved, disabled, metered, patient and no overnight parking spaces/areas – which are enforced 24/7.